Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Title keeps moving insertion point

I have no idea if this is local or universal. I have created a matrix visual in a power bi web report. I used the 'general' tab to create a 'Title' element. Later, I went back to edit it. I put the insertion point at the begining of the existing text, typed a couple of letters, and then unexpectedly the insertion point jumped to the end of the text, where I continued to enter text. Very annoying. I tried the same thing with a table, and didn't get the same behaviour. The jump seems to be associated with a refresh timing? Who knows? 

Hi @Hazelbaiter ,

Couldn’t reproduce your issue. It’s more like a transient issue but not a general one. And it shouldn’t be caused by dataset refresh for Power BI will duplicate the dataset to provide users interactions during dataset refresh. If you see this problem, you could refresh your browser page and try again or just move the cursor to the right point by clicking your mouse.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Hazelbaiter ,

Couldn’t reproduce your issue. It’s more like a transient issue but not a general one. And it shouldn’t be caused by dataset refresh for Power BI will duplicate the dataset to provide users interactions during dataset refresh. If you see this problem, you could refresh your browser page and try again or just move the cursor to the right point by clicking your mouse.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun