Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

There is a bug in the relative date slicer: incorrect calendar week

There seems to be a bug in the relative date slicer. the calendar week ignores the locale setting.

I have my locale, both "global" and "current file" (and machine) set to spanish. The week should start on Monday, but the slicer sets the beggining of the week on Sunday:

spain settings.JPG

slicer.JPG

Others are reporting the same for other locale settings (UK):

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Relative-Dates-Start-Monday/m-p/1651271#M661553 

Comments
PaulDBrown
Community Champion

The same is happening if we add a relative date filter in the filter pane (probably not surprisingly...)

filter.JPG

tex628
Community Champion

Same issues for me. This is really quite concerning. 

/ Johannes

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@PaulDBrown 

There is already an idea, you may leave a comment and vote it up.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion

@v-chuncz-msft 

Thanks, I have voted for it.

Though I must say that having to vote for a bug to be fixed does feel somewhat odd...It's not a request for a new functionality/feature. It's a request to be able to use one that's already there but is useless for a considerable part of the business world. A bit like only having the $ as a currency format (the other options are there but only the $ can be displayed...)

buildbod
MVP

FWIW it is not just slicers where locale is not being respected. US / UK Date format not displaying correctly in re... - Microsoft Power BI Community 

I agree we should not be voting for a bug to be squashed.