Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Single select slicer not single selecting.

Hello,

I have noticed an issue where a slicer that is selected as "single select" in power bi desktop changes into a multi-select once published into the pbi service.

not sure if this is supposed to happen ( which i am unaware off) or is a bug>

thanks for your time,
Ross

Hi @RhinoceRoss ,

I wasn't able to reproduce your question.
Which version of Power BI Desktop are you using and can you provide some screenshots of the issue (without sensitive information)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @RhinoceRoss ,

I wasn't able to reproduce your question.
Which version of Power BI Desktop are you using and can you provide some screenshots of the issue (without sensitive information)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

RhinoceRoss
Frequent Visitor

hello Caitlyn,
thankyou for your help. 

I'm using the below verision 
Version: 2.108.825.0 64-bit (August 2022).

this is the slicer in the desktop version with single select tickedthis is the slicer in the desktop version with single select tickedthis is slicer once published to service, i can click more than one .this is slicer once published to service, i can click more than one .

not sure if images will help, but one is when im in the desktop version with single select toggled, it works perfectly but once published single select isnt working, I can select multiple.

It isnt the worst thing in the world so if you have more important bugs to deal with dont worry about me just felt it needed pointing out.

regards,

Ross

RhinoceRoss
Frequent Visitor

Hello Caitlyn,

Just an update my end,

I deleted the report out of the BI service and reuploaded and the slicer is now working how i want it to.

It seems like there is something going on where once you've uploaded of a slicer in one way, ie multi select-slicer, but then go to desktop version and change to something else (single select) and publish again, it doesnt update the slicer to the new version.

I had the same issue with a date slicer, i originally uploaded as a "relative date" slicer, however changed in desktop to dropdown and published again, the dekstop had updated correctly but the bi service version was still a relative date slicer view.
not sure if it's an issue my side or microsoft side, but i've noticed it.

odd, but i have resolved my original issue anyway.

thankyou for your help and have an awesome day 🙂