Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scorecards - Some Metrics do not update automatically

Hello, 

I have a scorecard that collects metrics from different workspaces, and I am the administrator of all the workspaces. I have noticed 2 issues: 

1) I have 2 metrics that come from the same Report, one has been updated automaticcaly, the other no (the measures have the exactly same logic in the report). 

2) The metrics that come from the same workspace in which I have the scorecard --> they never update. 

Thank you 

Edoardo 

Hi @Edoardo_Samarin ,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
FK3
Advocate I
Advocate I

We've been seeing something similar. Looking at the usage metrics for the original dataset, the report does not show up at all in the Updated Usage Metrics but it does show up in the old Usage Metrics. We saw this on a couple of reports which were not included in the app, so don't know if that's an issue.

Also, do scorecard views show up on the scorecard dataset that is created? We've had scorecard datsets turn off despite people viewing the scorecards.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Edoardo_Samarin ,

All new metrics created within scorecards have a default daily tracking cycle, which means that the data and progress are calculated on a day-to-day basis. However, many metrics and metrics demand to be tracked on a different cadence. In those cases, you can change the default tracking cycle on the metric through metric settings. The tracking cycle doesn't impact data refresh.

Create scorecards and manual metrics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.

Edoardo_Samarin
Regular Visitor

All my reports automaticcaly updateds in the morning, and all my metrics are based on x-value = date , y-value = something. So day-to-day basis is ok for my metrics. 

Even if this was the problem, I couldn't explain why some of them are update and other no. 

I will show here an example: today I have this situation

Edoardo_Samarin_0-1679052566402.png

I have two dates missing basend on my report: 15/03/23 and 16/03/23. 

I obtained the values just if I manually press this button: 

Edoardo_Samarin_1-1679052668790.png

after updating manually (both 15/03/23 and 16/03/23 arrives): 

Edoardo_Samarin_2-1679052732585.png

thank you 

Edoardo 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Edoardo_Samarin ,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.

Edoardo_Samarin
Regular Visitor

Thank you, 

Let me know if there are any updates. 

Edoardo 

Edoardo_Samarin
Regular Visitor

Any news? 

Thank you 

Edoardo