Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Report Server September 2019 instance name in URL suddenly case sensitive

Hello together,

we just installed the Power BI Report Server September 2019 update to find out that URL suddenly is case sensitive for the "Reports" (Instance name?) which in the previous versions it wasn't!

URL of our server: https://servername.com/Reports/

Example of a report URL previously working: https://servername.com/reports/MySalesReport --> with May 2019 working

With September 2019 the URL will forward the request to the Report Server root page (as in "not found").

This is a huge problem since customers may have bookmarked their report URLs and now their reports wont open after opening their bookmark... 

Any help/fix here is highly appreciated.

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Comments
ferzfeld
Advocate II

A rollback is possible? How? Our operators told us it can't be reversed 😞 

Romuald_COUTAUD
Regular Visitor

@ferzfeldYes it is possible.
We have proceded on our 2 Power BI Report Server environments (non-production & production) by uninstalling september 2019 version and reinstalling and applying report server configuration on May 2019 version.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 151079691. This was fixed and will make it to QFE release within next couple of days. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

ferzfeld
Advocate II

Thank you for the good news - we will be waiting for the release 🙂 

Romuald_COUTAUD
Regular Visitor

This release have already been delivered (release date October 10, 2019), check the download page you will find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have Power BI Report Server (May 2019) installed on SQL Server 2016 Enterprise working perfectly.

But today I was upgrading to the September 2019 version, the installation completed normally, but when I opened the reports the following message was displayed in the browser:

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable

I checked everything:

- I checked logged in log files: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Power BI Report Server \ PBIRS \ LogFiles, but found no errors.

- I checked if service stopped.

- I uninstalled and installed, but the same error occurred.

But I was able to install Power BI Report Server (September 2019) on another server running SQL Server 2014.

Has anyone had this problem?
Is it a bug in this release, which does not let install in SQL Server 2016, only in SQL 2014.

Thanks.
_Keny

ferzfeld
Advocate II

Last night we installed the release - all the bugs we experienced have been fixed.

Thank you for the fast implementation and release 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ferzfeld,

Could you please put the link to download the release?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I installed the new release of this link below, but it didn't work.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57270

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
_Keny