Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power-bi Custom Visual isnt resolving 'fs' in node_modules and i dont know why

I am trying to use a CSV writer to write some data into a .CSV file after installing the npm package and using the npm example I get an error: 

ERROR in ./node_modules/csv-writer/dist/lib/file-writer.js 40:11-24

Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'fs' in 'C:\Users\LukasSchlechter\desktop\finaler test\test\node_modules\csv-writer\dist\lib'

I've tried installing 'fs' via npm but this didn't solve my problem...

I had a lot of problems with the node_modules in the Power Bi custom visual package

Hi @LukasSchlechter,

May I know where did you get this issue? Did you get it in Power BI Desktop or Power BI service? Is your custom visual developed with Python? There are some limitation using Python in Power BI and the packages used are limited in Power BI service.

Create Power BI visuals using Python in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Learn which Python packages are supported - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @LukasSchlechter,

May I know where did you get this issue? Did you get it in Power BI Desktop or Power BI service? Is your custom visual developed with Python? There are some limitation using Python in Power BI and the packages used are limited in Power BI service.

Create Power BI visuals using Python in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Learn which Python packages are supported - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

LukasSchlechter
Frequent Visitor

Hey @v-cazheng-msft ,

I'm using the Typescript environment