Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Subscription sending two emails

We're on Pro licenses rn. The subscriptions are sending two emails: one with an error, and one with the correct report page, at the same time. The first has the error below:

There was an error with your subscription "CORE Metrics by Program" but we still delivered it

You are receiving this email because there was an error with a subscription to Power BI Report "CORE Metrics" created by you.

EmailSubscriptionScreenshotVisualError

Visual errors were encountered while rendering the artifact. This subscription was delivered to recipients, however one or more visuals may be missing.

Can't display this visual. : This visual contains one or more filters with deleted columns, type mismatches, or other breaking modeling changes.

You can check the latest state of the report by clicking in the button below.

Your next subscription is scheduled for March 30, 2024 12:00 UTC.

Technical Information

Activity Id: 88af6852-0a6c-442d-906f-389e19eb2192

Request Id: 369b9ad9-3a38-4656-8836-af1e3f924b18

Cluster Name: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Subscription Start Time: March 28, 2024 0:00 UTC

Subscription End Time: March 28, 2025 0:00 UTC

I'm a Power BI Admin, and it's doing it for me as well. I've tried multiple browsers, and from my test account, with the same result. The link in the error email hangs. The link in the correct email works fine. I literally changed nothing in the settings when I set up the subscription and that made no difference either.

Hi @KTyler,

Unable to reproduce your situation, does this problem still exist?
Can you provide more details? We will continue to investigate this issue.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
ThePeterK

We're having the same issue. Any solution found yet?

KTyler
Regular Visitor

No, we haven't. I've looked everywhere. In the app, the permission to view the workspace report is shut of and grayed out, but that the only difference. Subcriptions from the report and the app have the same result, two emails, one good and one bad.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @KTyler,

Unable to reproduce your situation, does this problem still exist?
Can you provide more details? We will continue to investigate this issue.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

KTyler
Regular Visitor

We had an issue with an end user getting the error email when she set up a subscription on an existing pbix.

I created a subscription on my account (PBI Admin), and got the error email, but also got a correct email with a working link at the same time.

I retested with a test account, and got the same two emails. 

I get the two emails whether I manually send, or wait for the scheduled subscr. 

The settings on the subscription are the defaults, I touched nothing except to rename the subscription in the subject. The error I get is in the original post.