Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PDF Export From Desktop not Exporting Full Pages

Hello,

I posted this in the help section of the community, but I believe it is a bug with the most recent update (October 2023).

I routinely export desktop PBI reports to PDF for sharing in newsletters. Today, for some reason, when I exported to PDF, only about the top left quarter of each page is exported instead of the full page. 

I have attempted exporting multiple different reports, closing and re-opening Power BI, and restarting my computer to no avail. Nothing in my report has changed other than refreshing the data. Each page is the default 16:9 720x1280 size.

I was able to successfully export from a report published to the online workspace, but not desktop. A coworker was also able to successfully export from desktop with the August 2023 update. 

Link to help thread with numerous others with the same issue

Any help in getting this resolved would be appreciated!

Hi  all,

Please Update Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime to the version 118.0.2088.76.

The solution is provided,now this thread will be closed.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
enakaleah
Frequent Visitor

following. design and subsequent exports were fine last week, this week all of a sudden its a zoomed in view

LiviuGeorgeDrag
Regular Visitor

I was able to make it work....

actually you have to play with the canvas dimensions and see what is the result. It's a bit of trial and error.

If your canvas is a 1000 by 1800 and the result seems zoomed in, then change it to 1500 by 2500 and see how it works.

cheers

moonsarinalu
Frequent Visitor

@LiviuGeorgeDrag 

Thank you very much! Actutally it makes sense, I multiplied height and width with 1.503 and it worked fine on all of my reports!

davorgom
Frequent Visitor

Please, 

We need a solution ASAP. We have to report 50 pages. We did it with screenshots. 

Thank you in advance

hidroquino

I got the same problem, I realize the print was 50% cutted.

so.... my canvas size in powerbi was from 800px x 1300 px. (height x width)

Keeping the ratio of my canvas (8/13), I resize the canvas to 1200px x 1950px. (height x width)

In your powerbi will see the big canvas and empty space to right and bottom, but in the printing you will get the results as you expected.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Update:

You can publish your report to PowerBI.com and export to PDF from the browser.
I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

hidroquino

My problem when I submitted to the web and exporting from there, was that some complex graphics are not allowed to print from there. That's why my temporary fix was the canvas resize thing. Thanks for the reply and working around the problem. I see too that putting the canvas to your screen size resolution fixes it, but the problem with that is that you must resize all your elements in the powerbi. 

OmarYasser
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft My report has over 60 Page and this workaround won't work for me

AMINEBEN123

Hello

I was able to print it to PDF, but you need to export your report to Power BI desktop, Also, the report must be less than 50 Pages, so if more split it (Hide Pages).

Good Luck

Northstar1

Like @AMINEBEN123 said one workaround if you have more than 50 pages is to split your report to parts.. for example if you have 100 pages split it to two parts and publish each part to the power bi services then export it to pdf.. it should work just fine..