Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

On-premises gateway - data source refresh Invalid connection credentials

Hi all,

we are using On-premise data gateway  version : 14.16.6584.1 . The Gateway is running and showing status - Connected
On PowerBi management console we are trying to refresh pre-uploaded dataset but facing the same error all the time: Invalid Connection Credentials.

We are using the same user on the Gateway and the platform and we do using FQDN certificate .So the root cause is somewhere else.

Our database is in SQL Server 2016

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ebr,

Please check the SSL certificate of SQL Server and make sure you are using the server name bound to the SSL. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

ebr
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu, 

Our Sql server name is DEV-VSRV-07 and we have created self signed certificate issued to DEV-VSRV-07.domain.name issued by DEV-VSRV-07-CA(the server itself)

We have assigned the certificate MsSQL server via SQL Server Configuration Manager (Protocols for MsSQLserver -> Certificate ) and choose the issued certificate.

Then the MsSQL and Gateway were restarted and we tried again to refresh Dataset but the error appeared again.

This is our error

error.PNG

what should we do?

Regards

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ebr,

Have you exported SQL Server certificate and use it on the machine which has on-premise data gateway run? You can refer to Enable encryption for a specific client section in this article

If the machine installed on-premise data gateway has SSMS or Power BI desktop, please try to check if you can connect to SQL Server use SSL in SSMS and desktop. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ebr
Frequent Visitor

Hello dear Qiuyun Yu

we do exported the SSL for MsSQL server and enabled force ssl support.

but this change was not so helpful to us , we are still not able to refresh the datasest inside PowerBi portal And recieving the same error as it was previously .

Howere the settings are ok , we checked the logs of the GW and found that it successfly connceted to the platform.

What can we do in order to fix this connection issue.

Best regards

jude_moore
Helper II

We also have the same issue. Any resolve of this one please ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem.
I'm trying to connect to a SQL Server and it shows me the same error.

At the online Administrator gateway Section everything is OK and it shows me that the connection is fine.