Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OData Connector - Issue with B2C Authentication Environments

After upgrading to the April Version, Version: 2.116.763.0 64-bit (April 2023), from the March version, https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/8/0/880BCA75-79DD-466A-927D-1ABF1F5454B0/PBIDesktopSetup-2... the OData connector no longer supports our environments that have B2C enabled on them. We receive the error, "The token service reported by the resource is not trusted" when clicking on the organizational account, and sign-in/connect. There is no way to work around this error except to down-grade back to a previous version of PowerBI (feb/march both work). After testing the Odata connector in Excel and PowerApps determined there is no current issue with our APIM or APIs/Authentication, but the issue purely on the PowerBI OData connector side since a downgrade to the previous version of PowerBI works with no issues. Need some help figuring out how to get this working again. 

After testing environments that do not have B2C enabled on them - there is no issue using the connector, only present on environments with that configuration enabled and again does not present in previous versions of PowerBI.

PowerBI Error.png

Hi @catiewilliams17 ,

Here's the latest version 2.116.843.0, please reinstall it and try again:

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @catiewilliams17 ,

Here's the latest version 2.116.843.0, please reinstall it and try again:

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

catiewilliams17
Advocate I

I appreciate your prompt response @v-yanjiang-msft , however I am still getting the same error even after downloading this version. I am still unable to click on organizational account or get past the token error. Would be happy to troubleshoot this on a call if needed. 

Version.png

token error 04202023.png

catiewilliams17
Advocate I

A member of my team looked into this and thinks that in the new version, the OData connector removed the header user-agent from the header. Not sure if this is helpful.

ricardcom
Regular Visitor

I found a side effect of the fix released in 2.116.843.0.

With this new version from Sunday April 19, in my organisation we are having now problems when login in PowerBI:
login is stuck in credentials screen, sometimes this credentials screen shows empty. Then the app does not show the file name in the window title. The credentials window can be closed, but the file name is not shown in the title screen. If a file is recovered and then saved, the app won't know the file name and will ask again for a file name when closing the app.

Note that rolling back to a previous version (2.115.1006.0 from March 2023) the login & file name title problem disapear.