Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Model View modifications not saved upon program close

Hi there!

I have an issue on Power BI Desktop that started happenning pretty recently (using October 2021 release).

In the 'Model' page, I modify the arrangement of the tables in the default "All tables" Layout tab. When I save and close Power BI Desktop and open the file again, the arrangement of the tables revert back to the Auto-Layout done by Power BI.

I have also tried creating a new Layout Tab, adding Tables there, and saving and closing the Power BI file. This time when I reopen the file, the new "Layout 1" Tab is all blank (no Tables added to the layout).

I have a rather complex model (with 30+ Tables) and I rely on my own arrangement of them in the Model View to look up and configure my Table Relationships. 

I am not doing anything else to the file between closing and reopening, no new data is added or refreshed or anything. I have also tried unchecking the options under Options -> Current File -> Data Load -> Relationships.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue or any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 266775875

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Karan_9650
Frequent Visitor

Hi, power bi community, we are facing a few changes, performance issue and blank Model view.

1. I have many reports created for my firm that I have been using in the past several months. None of them have my model view I created. They have the different model view pages, but are missing the layout completely. Even if I create them again and save it, it still disappears.
  2. The measure writing suggestion and syntax helper that pops up to show the correct syntax for a particular function is not loading today. 
  3. The files are taking much more impact and load to even take a single step.

FYI, these problems never came before. My pc is in perfect capacity with 32 GB memory. All the other collegeus at my firm are facing the same issue while using Power BI for the last 3 days.

@powerbicommunity

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is making me crazy also.  I had them all organized in a way that made sense and allowed me to find what table I was looking for and now, I can't find anything.  Unacceptable!

ptacquet
Frequent Visitor

This issue is resolved ?

A planned date ?

I don't use diagram anymore since a few months.

Karan_9650
Frequent Visitor

@ptacquet yes, all the above issues seem to be resolved, the earlier Models created are gone from the model view, but if you create new models, they save.