Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matrix all level expanded by default?

I have a matrix table with two levels. In the powerbi desktop, it is set to expand all levels so everytime I access the bookmark, all the levels should be displayed as you can see:

Asia

Japan

China

Vietnam

Europe

France

Spain

I save and update the bookmark with all levels expanded but when I open the file two minutes later, I see sometimes, only Asia and Europe (level 2 is not expanded). Sometimes, is expanded. I have the same problem in the power bi service. Can I set up the default view as "all level expanded"? Is any way to control how the data should be displayed?

Thank you

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @lakekan,

I have tested with Power BI desktop version 2.65.5313.1381 64-bit (December 2018) but not able to reproduce the issue. If we save the report with all levels expanded for the matrix visual, all levels will display when we reopen the report. 

In your scenario, please check which Power BI desktop version you are running. Also please test if our sample report works fine on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

lakekan
Regular Visitor

Solved. Bookmarks hidden make you loose the filters!