Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

MS Fabric Dataset Issue: DAX Measure Expressions Displayed as Redacted Post-Refresh

Hello,

Fabric UI is displaying measure expressions as redacted.

This occurs when a Workspace Contributor creates a new measure in a Power BI dataset, connected to a Datalakehouse SQL Endpoint, and subsequently refreshes the page. This behavior seems odd since the same contributor developed the dataset. I don't believe this issue is related to permissions as they should have visibility.

As a Fabric admin, everything appears to be working correctly for me.

Thanks

datamind_0-1688722968371.png

Hi @datamind 

So do these users have access to the data source ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
gclements
Helper II

I am seeing the same for certain users.  It maybe that only admins can currently see the measures.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @datamind 

So do these users have access to the data source ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

datamind
Advocate I

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

Thank you for stepping in to assist. Yes, they have the permissions as they are Contributors for the entire Workspace.

They used the SQL endpoint to create various views on the data, which has been working smoothly. Afterward, they added these views to the default dataset and created their own measures in the model.

However, the issue I described occurs after refreshing the page.

marcellsilva
Regular Visitor

I'm facing the same issue, it is even happening to users with admin permissions.

INAC

Hello @datamind @marcellsilva,
Is the issue solved for you? If yes then how did it get solved? I am also facing a similar issue.
Thanks in Advance!

marcellsilva
Regular Visitor

@INACI haven't tried for a while.

lisagarcia
Regular Visitor

Any updates on this error?