Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

I can't export all the rows to an Excel file

Hello,

I’m having a problem when I want to export data from a visual table, it doesn’t export all the information that you can see in the report, and I can’t find the reason.

I know that the limit to export data to an excel file is 150 000 rows, and depending on the type of the visual the limit could change. The thing is, I’m choosing a visual table, that (for what I know, and what I could find in the documentation) you don’t have other limit than the 150k rows.

The unusual thing is when I want to export with more information it doesn’t work the exportation, I’m missing information.
I will show, in the following example:

Case 1:

I have a visual table with 72 columns, and I’m filtering for only one day. As you can see in the image 1, in total of orders I have 4568. And if I export the table (in the image is the A) it won’t export all the information. It only exports 4345 as you can see in the image 2

Image 1.png

Image 1

Image 2.png

Image 2

Case 2:

However, if I filter only one order, the report will show me all the information of this order and if I export, it exports correctly. In the image 3 and 4 will show you.

Image 3.png

Image 3

Image 4.png

Image 4

I don’t understand what is happening, and why. It doesn’t have anything to do the duplicates, because in the fist case, if the visual table  eliminate the duplicates, it should give me 2363 rows and not 4345 and the second case it would give only one.

When I export is from this option: 

Image 5.png

And the model its really simple, it only has one table.

I’d appreciate the help in this matter.

Best regards,

Mercedes Novo

Hi @Mer_Novo ,

There is one test you can perform I think and that’s adding an Index column to your table in Power Query, then add this index to the table visual and test the export to CSV one last time. You’ll be able to identify pretty quickly which records didn’t export.

Or, as an alternative have you considered using the “Analyse in Excel” option?

Create Excel workbooks with refreshable Power BI data - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

or go in your data view and right click on your column and copy table, it will copy all the records for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Mer_Novo ,

There is one test you can perform I think and that’s adding an Index column to your table in Power Query, then add this index to the table visual and test the export to CSV one last time. You’ll be able to identify pretty quickly which records didn’t export.

Or, as an alternative have you considered using the “Analyse in Excel” option?

Create Excel workbooks with refreshable Power BI data - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

or go in your data view and right click on your column and copy table, it will copy all the records for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj