Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gateway connection issue

Hi

I have been facing an issue in PowerBI Service where I am unable to set up a  refresh. I keep getting an error message telling me that it failed to update the data source credentials for my dataset.

I tried the following:

- I have cheked my sql credentialsScreenshot 2022-09-01 153922.pngScreenshot 2022-09-01 154553.png

- My gateway connections are all checked, no problems

- updated the gateway to the latest version, done, still have the same problem

Only when I refresh via on premises gateway, the problem occurs

Hi @Rushi_123,

May I know whether you installed your gateway and your sql server data source on the same machine? If you test connection to your sql server on the machine that installed gateway by Power BI Desktop with the credential you provided in Power BI service, will you see any connection error? In addition, please restart your gateway service and resign in with your PBI account. After that, try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Rushi_123,

May I know whether you installed your gateway and your sql server data source on the same machine? If you test connection to your sql server on the machine that installed gateway by Power BI Desktop with the credential you provided in Power BI service, will you see any connection error? In addition, please restart your gateway service and resign in with your PBI account. After that, try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Rushi_123
Regular Visitor

Hello Support,

Yes, We have installed Gateway and SQL server on the same machine. I am able to connect database using SSMS and also connect with database using another machine. But the issue is that while we try to connect Power BI service using same connection we are unable to connect datasource. We are provided the screenshot for this error so that you can clarify easily. Also we have restarted the gatway but no luck.

Thanks,

Rushikesherror.png