Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Formula bar not showing using live connection in November 2023 release - bug?

Hi, 

The Formula bar is not showing when creating a new measure using a live connection to analysis server. (it works ok and as expected when using import)

For me it seems like this is an issue with the November 2023 release. (Version: 2.123.684.0 64-bit (november 2023))

KR, Peter

Hi  all

This problem should be fixed with the next (December) release of PBI Desktop. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Chew_WenJie
Resolver II

How to downgrade to October version as the measure do not show on November updated version? 

Thank you. 

MartinAtHolmen
Regular Visitor

@Chew_WenJie , I downgraded to october version by unisntall Power BI Desktop and found the october version here:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-d...

Chew_WenJie
Resolver II

Thank you for the reply on October Version. Appreciated the help, have a great day.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi  @puggaard 

Here's the scene I restored, you can see after a while the formula bar appears. Can you follow my steps and try again, I need to get a wait time for PG reference. Looking forward to your feedback !

Recording 2023-11-28 at 08.48.25.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

zbi
Regular Visitor

Hey,  v-yetao1-msft!

What have You been doing there for 2 weeks!🙄 

We impatiently are waiting for the fix version, but in reality Your questions tell that there has been 0 movement for 2 weeks!

The issue is still there. As I see, the formula bar works for better or worse with AAS model and PowerBI dataset as a source, BUT DOES NOT if there is SSAS (on premise) model. It just doesn't show up - wait for hours if you like....

ctsiamb
Frequent Visitor

What a terrible response from Microsoft Support. @v-yetao1-msft have you used PowerBI or do you just support it? Imagine waiting minutes/hours every time you want to use the formula bar. Microsoft prioritise this issue!

puggaard
Advocate I

Hi @v-yetao1-msft , 

I can see that you are connect live to a Power BI Dataset. When I do the same, there is no issue.

My issue is when establishing a live connection to SSAS on prem. In this video I have waited 3 minutes.

LuukasP
Frequent Visitor

Come on, we need a fix here!

Riktastic
Frequent Visitor

Can confirm that we are facing the same issues on every SSAS + Power BI environment that we manage. While we primarily work in the SSAS datamodel, our customers use the report level measures to design an build new reports.

We have advised all our customers to skip the November update, and wait for a fix.