Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fabric Capacity App fails to load with 'An error occurred due to an on premise service issue'

Hi,

Loading any logs from a pipeline/notebook runs fails with "Unable to complete the action because your organization's Fabric compute capacity has exceeded it's limits. Try again later." I've maxxed out the capactity and it still fails.

mrmossevig_1-1713881628522.png

To dig further I wanted to check the actual capacity usage and installed the Fabric Capacity Metrics App. I managed to connect it and can select the 3 different capacties, but all metrics just show: 'An error occurred due to an on premise service issue'. Do you know what could be causing this issue?

mrmossevig_0-1713881598853.png

Hi  @mrmossevig 

The problem seems to be with this published app, you can either go directly to the corresponding app to react to this situation, or you can just mention a Support ticket. 

Business Apps – Microsoft AppSource

You can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @mrmossevig 

There is no other user feedback on a similar issue. When did this problem appear? Have you recently added a lot of content inside Fabric compute capacity, resulting in a lack of memory? How much did you expand your capacity from?

Best Regards,

mrmossevig

It has always been like that since I first started using Fabric approximately 1 month ago. We do not have a lot of content, just one pipeline with 3 simple notebooks, that runs every 15 minutes. I do not know anything about the lack of memory, as I'm not able to use the Fabric Capacity app.

Can we try to resolve the fabric capacity app first? What info do you need from me there beyond the info already provided? Do you want to get on a quick call?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @mrmossevig 

Can you see the storage already used in that workspace ?

vyetao1msft_0-1714010707649.png

Perhaps you can reinstall the Microsoft Fabric capacity metrics app by referring to the official documentation.

Install the Microsoft Fabric capacity metrics app - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

mrmossevig

Yes, here's the storage used:

mrmossevig_0-1714034882531.png

I have reinstalled the Fabric Capacity App countless times, but the problem persists.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @mrmossevig 

The problem seems to be with this published app, you can either go directly to the corresponding app to react to this situation, or you can just mention a Support ticket. 

Business Apps – Microsoft AppSource

You can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,