Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Export PowerPoint Blank Slides Problem

Hello,

I tried to export to PowerPoint but it created blank slides. I can export to PowerPoint by using existing examples created by Power BI itself. However, for my own report, I could not export.

Regards.

Comments
pceglie
Resolver I

To save with another name I have to change the name. And what happens when I re-publish the .pbix from PowerBI Desktop?

Kermit
Frequent Visitor

Any status when the Power Point issue is fixed?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Kermit

Users who still report this problem have to save their report again to make it go away.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Kermit
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Herbert. I will try. Is it enough to just switch to edit mode and then save?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

I;ve tried it just now and it works

i switch to edit mode, fiddle with the view mode , change back and forth (don't know if it helps but it works) and then save.

then I do export and presto... hope it doesn't again

tphillips
Regular Visitor

Experienced same issue today

RichardV
Advocate II

I got blanks to.

I also had problems earlier, concerning the fact that the imported page background was a total mess when exported into ppt. However, I can't check if this issue is still there, because of the blanks pages.

Big fan of PBI though

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@tphillips @RichardV

Before exporting to PowerPoint, have you tried to switch to edit mode and save the report?

Best Regards,
Herbert

danny
Regular Visitor

I have tried the solution and it only partially works for me.  Some slides are exported successfully (3/15) and many are still either blank or only have some partial elements.

Hugely important this is fixed asap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-haibl-msft@danny

up until yesturday it was working for me only if I changed the view for EVERY slide.

today i tried another file and I get an error. no edit/save/change view would remedy the problem...

PLEASE SOLVE ASAP

thnx

C