Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error - "Couldn't load the data for this visual"

Hi,

I'm having trouble loading my report measures when using DirectQuery for SQLSERVER on Power BI cloud service. My report including some measurement and calculated columns.
Here is the error message:

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Http Status Code-1
Activity IDcafff6e0-8ff1-ff6f-be45-d0c090a3f88d
Correlation IDc969f365-3159-d85f-1b6a-65bed989eaa1
Request IDd633056d-662f-bba1-7d60-0dc2ae001dde
TimeFri Jul 14 2017 15:08:33 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Version13.0.1877.175
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @axata,

Please go to dataset settings, make sure used data gateway is online.

q1.PNG

Download the report and open it in the latest desktop version to see if the visual display data fine.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

axata
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I checked my dataset setting, its working properly and showing the online gateway status as well. I also download the report .pbix file and open it into the desktop, it showing the perfect visualization of data.

But, in PowerBI service the report which I have been publish still giving me the same error and not showing the visuals.

Regards,

Axata

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @axata,

Did this visual contains any measure or calculated column? How did you define that kind of measures and columns? Can you share the DAX so we can try to test in our side.

Also please open the downloaded report in the latest desktop version then republish to service to see if the error persists.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

axata
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

yes, the visuals contains the calculated column and measure like: 'AverageArrDelay = AVERAGE(FlightData[ArrDelay])'. The DAX formula contains the simple AVERAGE function for average calculation of the flight delay data.

And I also tried by republishing the downloaded report on POWERBI SERVICE but, it still gives the same error & not showing the data visuals.

Regards,

Axata