Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Error message lacks table/column name when trying to insert a blank value into a primary key

DavidPROVOST_0-1716876232972.png

I got a blank value from source database, which triggered this error (ths is a DAX-computed table from bigquery table)

I could easily manage to guess which  table / column was concerned, still the message is missing 2 variables. It took me time to realize the name of the table was not "in Table". 

Hi  @DavidPROVOST 

Column “” in table “” means that there is a null value in column “XXX” in table XXX“”. Typically, it specifies the table name and column names. Do you have more than one column with null values in your data? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @DavidPROVOST 

Column “” in table “” means that there is a null value in column “XXX” in table XXX“”. Typically, it specifies the table name and column names. Do you have more than one column with null values in your data? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II

The message tells me the issue is all about tje null value being the primary key s the primary key.

I have identified the column, just wanted to let you know about this tiny bug that could sometimes be much more painful.