Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dynamic value in text box greyed out

Hi,

Been trying to crack my head around this. Any idea why my dynamic value is greyed out? I was able to implement it across other text boxes in the same pbi file, but somehow now everything has been greyed out. 

shamong_0-1659948322943.png

Hi @shamong 

It seems to be a problem with individual datasets, according to the official documentation, there is no limitation about text box. What dataset are you using? What kind of connection method is used?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
AilsaTaoYe
Regular Visitor

Hi @shamong 

If you don't enter any data, it's grayed out.  You can try typing some calculations into it and see if it returns data . 

AilsaTaoYe_0-1660028863586.png

Best Regards

shamong
Regular Visitor

Hi @AilsaTaoYe - unfortunately that doesn't work either. I tried doing a calculation of a particular number field, but it continues to be greyed out. I've tried it with various calculation, but nothing seems to work.

shamong_0-1660094835919.png

AilsaTaoYe
Regular Visitor

Hi @shamong 

What is your Desktop version ? I tested it with July version , maybe you can update your Desktop to the latest veresion and then try again . Uninstall your previous version and reinstall the latest version . 

shamong
Regular Visitor

@AilsaTaoYe - I'm using the July 2022 version as well. I tried creating a new blank file and this functionality works. It's just not working in my current dataset. Trying to figure out if it's a setting issue or table integrity issue that is blocking the functionality from working?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @shamong 

It seems to be a problem with individual datasets, according to the official documentation, there is no limitation about text box. What dataset are you using? What kind of connection method is used?

Best Regards,

shamong
Regular Visitor

hi @v-yetao1-msft -

to your question: What dataset are you using? What kind of connection method is used?

• excel files using web connection
  • SQL server data using synapse
  • azure databrick access

could any of this be causing it to fail?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @shamong 

Maybe you can troubleshoot with a single data source , to determine which data source has an impact .

Best Regards,

shamong
Regular Visitor

hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

what would be the most efficient way of testing each data source? I can't seem to delete some of the connections via the data source settings. and i would not want to delete tables either considering a lot of measures and links have been set up.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @shamong 

You mixed three data sources in Desktop . You can create a new report with these data sources individually . For example excel files using web connection , then add a text box to see whether the text box works . 

Best Regards,