Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Drillthrough - show value selected in slicer

When I use the drillthrough functionality to drill into a detailed report, it properly filters my detailed report.  However, the slicer for the same field does not display the value that I selected and shows 'All'.  The only way to clear the filter is to open up the filter pane and deselect the value I drilled on.  Typically, the users will see the filtered values in the slicers and they don't have to expand the filters pane.  

Please let me know if this is a bug or if this is the intended functionality.  If it's intended, I think it should be updated.  

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I has the same issue, and posted a suggestion in ideas.  Basically let the drillthough field drive the slicer automatically.  Feel free to vote for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is confusing. If there's one possible value in a dropdown slicer, then show that one value, instead of the very counter-intuitive 'ALL". This isn't hard.
shaunwilks
Helper V

This is a bug surely ?

You shoudl be able to setup your drill through page with a drop down.

This allows the user to eother use it as a drill through page or go straight to the page and select the item from the drop down list.

Can the matter to be re-raised with the product team

muchinski
Resolver II

The Drillthrough should consider all the filter context applied on a visual, but it is ignoring the page/slicer context. 
This should be solved as a bug.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a workaround, you can have the page duplicated, and hide the one where the drillthrough is enabled (so the only way to find that page is by drillthrough). I also removed the slicer from the hidden page. It is the closest thing I could get to what others already described above.