Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Decomposition Tree Export

Some of our users would like to be able to export the result of the Decomposition Tree. 

Currently if we use the Export function it returns an empty table with 1 column per dimension available without any data (at least on Report Server).

There is already the "Show as a Table" option which would be perfect, the only thing missing is to be able to send that result to Excel.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @JeanMartinL 

I have tested on my side, when I export data from Decomposition Tree, it returns an table with 1 column per dimension available with all data. since you interact in the viusal itself, no filter on it, so it will show all the data.

Regards,

Lin

JeanMartinL
Advocate II

Interesting,

It seems like I have 2 different uses cases. In one report I get 1 column per dimension and no data. In another report I get the same thing as you lili6, 1 column per dimension and all data, regardless of what was opened in the decomposition tree at the moment of the export. I assume that the first one is bugged somehow. This is on Report Server October 2020 using Chrome as a browser.

I'm not sure why I'm in the "Issues" forum, I thought I was suggesting an idea. Here's what I would personnaly like to see. Seeing all data is fine for the "Underlying data" option when exporting (which ironically is currently grayed out with the message "You don't have permission to export underlying data"). But in "Summarized data" mode I would like to see the same thing as the "Show as a table" option, meaning aggregated data and showing only what is currently displayed in the decomposition tree.

Thanks!

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @JeanMartinL 

For your requirement, you may submit your idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

Regards,

Lin