Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflows with Excels are failing with "The field 'Hidden' of the record wasn't found"

Hi All,

Since today's morning my dataflows are failing with below error message and my source are excel files.

Expression.Error: The field 'Hidden' of the record wasn't found.

Details
Size = 20335449
Content Type = application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet
Kind = Excel File
Comments
steigelbill
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Miloslav!

Also, YAY REGRESSION TESTING....>.>

pat_mecee
Frequent Visitor

Since last Wednesday the SharePoint attribute schema has been changed. MS will not acknowledge this change in SharePoint has affected every user using Power BI dataflows with a combine binary function and SharePoint as the binary source. Power BI support has passed the issue to SharePoint support and forced end users to raise new bug ticket with SharePoint.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @miloslav_majek 

Have the same issue , but its not a dataflow . but a sharepoint folder connect . 

I took out the line for the hidden file filter with corresponding changes in the next line 

Then re-Published and it worked fine . However when i did a manual refresh , i got the same error message..

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong . [Also  I checked the Sample file ...i didnt find any Filters for Hidden in the sample ] so i guess there is no issue on that ...

Anyone else who has resolved it and refresh is working fine now by taking out the line with Filter Hidden

ncbshiva
Advocate V

Please remove the "Filter Hidden files" step and refresh it should work. This is because something has been changed in SharePoint side and this error was acknowledged by Microsoft also.