Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DataFlow refresh regular fail

Pulling data to dataflow from SalesForce using standard connector, have regular fails with refresh during past weeks, including today. Only one from 3-5 refresh succeeds.

ilia_strelkov_1-1619543604977.png

Example of an error description below. It is always the same type of error message, just hapening on a random stage/object of refresh. 

Error: DataSource.Error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. Request ID: 55bc67b0-d542-f1bb-7df6-f44a219cbbb1 Activity ID: 943abe62-be80-4741-a510-00126d89ba93

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

Go to query edit manually change the line of the code

Source = PowerPlatform.Dataflows(null)  to  Source = PowerBI.Dataflows(null)

there is a similar issue that this problem related to [PowerPlatformDataflows] Update to connector version v1.0.11

and it should be fixed by end of the week.

Regards,

Lin

ilia_strelkov
Regular Visitor

Hi Lin, thanks for the answer.

The issue is with refreshing Dataflow content itself, not with connecting to it from the report.

Dataflow consists of multiple tables pulled from SalesForce API and the first line of the query for each table looks like 

Salesforce.Data([ApiVersion=47.0])
QueryWhiz
Helper V

Hi @ilia_strelkov I know this reply is very late, but were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues from time time. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION.png