Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[BUG] The Column entityName of the table wasn't found

Since the last update (April 2021) of PowerBI, some of the reports connected to a Dataflow are receiving the same error when you tried to update.

The Column entityName of the table wasn't found

To solve the issue, you have to manually change the line of the code

Source = PowerPlatform.Dataflows(null) to Source = PowerBI.Dataflows(null)

However, you have to keep in mind that for the second option (PowerBI.Dataflows) does not apply the concept of Workspace folder.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

This had been submitted to PG, will update here once I get any information.

Regards,

lin

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage

Just curious why you're using the Power Platform dataflow connector and not the Power BI one?  I've always just used the Power BI one, with this snippet:

let
Source = PowerBI.Dataflows(null),
Workspace = Source{[workspaceId=""]}[Data],
Dataflow = Workspace{[dataflowId=""]}[Data],
Entity = Dataflow{[entity=""]}[Data]
in
Entity

kduchrow

Hi

I need to use this connector (Power Platform Dataflow) because the Power BI Dataflows don't allow the further transformation of the Data.

The Tables are then "Linked Tables" and only accessible in a read-only mode. 

I hope Microsoft will fix this issue as soon as possible.

If you try this any way you will get this Error while saving your queries (while editing Power BI allows every transformation for some reason. There is only a warning message) :

kduchrow_0-1619616049794.png(The warning)

kduchrow_1-1619617626973.png(The Error)

But it is also possible that I am using this in the wrong way.
@jbocachicathis quick fix will not always work because the navigation works a little bit differently.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/dataflows/dataflows-premium-features

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage

In shared capacity workspaces, just uncheck "Enable Load" on the Linked Entity and you can add transformations.  I'll usually create a Reference query to the Linked Entity, just to make it clear--and use some prefixes to help me identity which queries are which when leveraging in other dataflows or Power BI Desktop.

Underscore-prefix for Linked Entities, plus-prefix for Computed Entities where I'm doing transformation or enrichment, no-prefix are consumption entities--meant to be used in other dataflows or imported into Power BI Desktop.  Italicized for Disable Load.

_Customers
_Stores
+Customers and Stores by Area
Customers and Stores by Area

kduchrow

Thank you for this hint!

I will try this. Hopefully, it can fix this problem.