Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Data slicer, using Between, does not update values after Eraser or Bookmark used

This is an issue that appears to have started very recently (today/yesterday?).  If you have a Date slicer, using the Between configuration, and the currently shown dates are a subset of the data, then when you click on its Eraser icon, the underlying filter is activated (i.e. date criteria is cleared), but the 2 date values do not change.  If you navigate to another tab and come back, the 2 dates are corrected.

The same thing happens when you apply a bookmark that would change the dates.  As before, after bookmark is applied, the new filtering from bookmark becomes active, but the 2 date values displayed in Date slicer don't change.

This is in embedded environment, but I see the same behavior when I interact with the reports directly in PBI Service. This had never happened before.  Reports were not changed recently.

Thanks for @orygreg2  sharing abhout the update of this issue and gald to hear that it has been fixed currently, it would help others who may face with the same issue, this thread would be closed.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
orygreg2
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, I mean "Date" slicer

cousin46
Regular Visitor

I am expercing this same issue, plus a possibly related issue?  When I first start using my date slicer, my visuals also break with the following error messages:

• Http Status Code403
  • Activity IDbd6bd32c-9078-45af-8448-bddcbaa66221
  • Correlation ID5569ec2b-edde-f0c0-1247-ac74cbca1256
  • Request IDda6f0361-2b49-8741-cc71-4874987da19d
  • TimeThu Feb 10 2022 17:04:39 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
  • Service version13.0.17618.43
  • Client version2201.5.09798-train
  • Cluster URIhttps://wabi-us-north-central-g-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Additionally, starting either yesterday or today, I can no longer double click to manually type in a date in the date field when using an embedded report.  I have to either using the slider or pick a date from the calendar widget.  I am able to type in dates just fine using Power BI Desktop.

@orygreg2, are you seeing the error messages with your visuals after slicing, and/or the inability to type in dates into the slicer?

orygreg2
Frequent Visitor

@cousin46 , thanks for response.  No, I didn't notice the 403 status.  I tried just now in Chrome with Developer Tools (F12) and I'm not seeing that.

Right, I remember we could double-click on the date and manually enter a value.  I tried that now and it instead only brings up the calendar GUI.  They definitely did some changes to this slicer visual.

Hopefully MS can address all these issues soon.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Currently when I test both in Power BI Service or use embeded reports, the date slicer seems works fine in my side after I click the eraser.

vyingjl_0-1644559869980.png

Did the date slicer work in Power BI Desktop and have you tried to publish this report to different workspaces to check it again?

Whether you can provide the details information about this issue like the test environment which includes data source type, connection mode, workspace type; the steps to reproduce this issue or a sample file without any sentive information.

Best Regards,

cousin46
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yingjl!

I've republished all of my dashboards to the same workspace plus my own personal workspace; both are still behaving as we have described.  The date slicer works 100% fine in my version of PowerBI Desktop.

My dashboards all use ODBC as their connection type. 

Unforunately, my organization does not allow me to share dashboards publicly, so I can't provide you with a direct link.

However, here are two GIFs I made demonstrating the problem.  The first is using PowerBI web (app.powerbi.com) and the second is the dashboards embeded into a Microsoft Teams group.  Oddly, the calendar performs even worse in Teams (missing the month titles and any future days on the calendar are invisible).

PowerBI Web:

PowerBI WebPowerBI Web

PowerBI Teams:

PowerBI TeamsPowerBI Teams

m_roussakis
Helper III

@cousin46

I had reported the same exact issue as you on these boards yesterday. Hearing back now from some users of my dashboards that the calendar, slicer, etc is all back to normal. But some are saying the issues persist. 

Not sure what to make of this. Did MS deploy a fix? 

cousin46
Regular Visitor

Indeed, it looks fixed for me now too.  Thanks for reporting!

Have a good weekend, all!

orygreg2
Frequent Visitor

Same here.  We were on a support call with MS earlier today, and later they emailed us "The product team has looked into this and believes it is related to a bug (which is actively being worked on) related to "Update date range" that you are seeing. A fix has been applied to your environment".

And we confirmed in our embedded reports that the date slicer is behaving normally again. 🙂

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Thanks for @orygreg2  sharing abhout the update of this issue and gald to hear that it has been fixed currently, it would help others who may face with the same issue, this thread would be closed.

Best Regards,