Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom Visual tooltips not shown on dashboards

Hi,

When a custom visual is pinned to a dashboard tooltips are not displayed on mouse over, while native visuals can display their tooltips correctly.

In all other contexts (included dashboard in focus mode) tooltips work as expected.

We noticed this issue testing our custum visuals and also pinning to a dashboard the sampleBarChart visual provided by Microsoft.
Debugging the code we noticed that the method visualhosttooltipservice.show() is called as usual in tooltipServiceWrapper.ts, but nothing is shown.

Comments
dexter2424
Helper I

It's 2021, but there is no update on this topic. It's ridiculous from Microsoft's side. It was posted 4 YEAR AGO!!!

miketom
Frequent Visitor

we have exactly the same issue and need this

Juuls
Frequent Visitor

Same here, would love this to get fixed

NOAHSWANSON
Frequent Visitor

It would be really nice if this could be corrected.  I am using dashboards to merge and present reports and it would make presentations a lot more powerful if the custom tooltips I have created worked.  I am forced to decide if switching reports (to get customized tooltips) is better or if presenting the information in a unified dashboard is better.  This seems like a no brainer of a feature enhancement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will this be updated? Dashboards are frustratingly constrained enough without custom tooltips working.

Favetti
Regular Visitor

any news on this issue @v-haibl-msft ?

Largefinger
Frequent Visitor

Is there any update on this, seems to be an issue for a while now?

AbbasG
Memorable Member

I am facing the same issue, is this been fixed?

Catheyy7775

Hi, any update and fixed for this issue?