Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Cannot load model

Good day,

My organization is currently facing an issue with the latest April Update.

farmdev_0-1714643708723.png

The report is located in my workspace and shared with users who are all Premium per user.

The users can access the report fine when using the web browser.

The only fix I have found so far is to roll back to a previous version of desktop.

Unforunately, this prevents the users from making full use of the latest feautres of the software.

Has any one else encountered this issue?

I've tried logging a support ticket with Microsoft but I get this error message when I visit the URL:

Power Platform admin center (microsoft.com)

farmdev_1-1714643708714.png

The version of Power BI in use is Version: 2.128.1177.0 64-bit (April 2024)

The only fix that has worked thus far was to roll back to a previous version for another user (I will have to get that version number later).

All reports are stored in my workspace on the Power BI service and users have read, build and share permissions. Older versions of PBI and the web service can access the reports fine, the error message only comes up with the April 2024 version.

As mentioned before I do have a Power BI Premium per user license, but am unable to create a support ticket due to the error that I receive above.

Hi @farmdev 

Some customers reported that they solved this problem by updating Desktop to the May version.

Desktop was updated on May 21. After uninstalling the original version, you can download the installation package through the following link and install it.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
farmdev
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the update!

Will try again and let you know.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @farmdev 

Did you solve the problem by updating the version of desktop?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

farmdev
Frequent Visitor

Please forgive my delay. I haven't been in office, but will have someone try for me and update you soon.

My apologies.