Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can no longer connect to Azure Data Lake Gen 2

Hello,

My data source is ADLS Gen 2, which was working find up until September 16. Now I get a non-descript error when trying to connect to the datasource from Power BI desktop. The published report is refreshing without an issue, so it seems specific to desktop.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
Error

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.ExceptionResultException
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.OnException(IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, ExceptionMessage message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessageChannelExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessageChannel channel)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.WaitFor(Func`1 condition, Boolean disposing)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.get_TableSource()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.TracingPreviewValueSource.get_TableSource()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.Analysis.PackageDocumentAnalysisInfo.PackagePartitionAnalysisInfo.SetPreviewValue(EvaluationResult2`1 result, Func`1 getStaleSince, Func`1 getSampled)

Stack Trace Message:
Error

Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.PowerBIUnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Utilities.PowerBIFormUnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.DataImporter.HandleImportEvaluationException(ExceptionResult exceptionView, Query query, String sourceID, String formulaTitle, Boolean isNewQuery, Boolean isFromEditor)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.DataImporter.OnGetPreviewResult(PreviewResult preview, Query query, String sourceID, String formulaTitle, Nullable`1 explicitImportDestination, Boolean isNewQuery, Boolean isFromEditor)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.DataImporter.GetPreviewResult(Query query, String sourceID, String formulaTitle, Boolean isNewQuery, Boolean isFromEditor, Nullable`1 explicitImportDestination)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.DataImporter.<>c__DisplayClass89_0.<OnQuerySettingsResolved>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.WindowManager.ShowModal[T](T dialog, Func`1 showModalFunction)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<RunApplication>b__0()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.RunApplication(String[] args)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.121.662.0","ModuleName":"","Component":"Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost","Error":"Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.ExceptionResultException","MethodDef":"OnException","ErrorOffset":"","ErrorCode":""}

Also, when trying to refresh the data in desktop, it gives this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Mashup.Cdm.ICdmProvider, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any help would be appreciated - I'm supposed to get this report out and I'm dead in the water!

Hi @WomanToBlame 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
CarstenRohlehr

Same here since the update yesterday to 2.121.942.0 we are facing this issue

brendan_w_FWM
Regular Visitor

I am also experiencing this issue since the update to 2.121.942.0  occured. 

Error description:

ExceptionResultMessage:
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Mashup.Cdm.ICdmProvider, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

@v-yetao1-msft  do we need to open a new issue or can you reopen this? 

Tomorrowlands

Yep - just to add in I'm having the same issue with the latest update 2.121.942.0 which seems to have set us back a month in a reporting project I'm working on...

brendan_w_FWM
Regular Visitor

I got a workaround by installing an older version of Power BI from the following link. Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Not ideal but is keeping me working. 

Tomorrowlands

@brendan_w_FWM 

Good solution but unfortunately that requires admin rights and it would probably take me longer to get that approved at my place than it would just waiting the two/three weeks for the October update to come along and (hopefully) fix the issue...

nbjdeunk
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, we are encountering the same issue. 😞

Version 2.121.942.0.

brendan_w_FWM
Regular Visitor

Still occuring on October update of 2.122.746.0 . 

Anyone have any success with this on the latest versions?

filip_ai
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue, with Version: 2.122.746.0 64-bit (oktober 2023).

ToddChitt
Super User

Ditto. I am on Version: 2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023) and seeing the same issue.

Agree that it is VERY frustrating to see bugs introduced in releases like this.

WomanToBlame
Advocate I

It keeps getting fixed and then breaking again. Very frustrating. My current report is on hold because of this - it has been broken for nearly a week now.