Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Single Select Slicer in Desktop revert to multi-select

Hi,

I have encountered same issues from time to time.

For slicer set as single-select in PBI desktop revert to multi-select on PBI service.

I have looked on the forum and checked every possibilities (Bookmark Solved: Single selection slicer reverts to multi-select - Microsoft Fabric Community, etc.). 

Right now I have to modify the slicer on Power BI services whenever I published the report. I believe this is a long-standing issue and want to raise PBI dev team to be aware of this annoying issue. Walkaround or solutions to the issue are highly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi @wilsonchen 

I created a slicer with single-select in PBI Desktop . Then I published the report to Service , selection has not changed in any way and remains the same as before the publish. My Desktop version is  2.121.644.0 64-bit (September 2023) . Maybe you can update Desktop to the latest version and test it again!

vyetao1msft_0-1695025107627.png

vyetao1msft_1-1695026680604.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @wilsonchen 

I created a slicer with single-select in PBI Desktop . Then I published the report to Service , selection has not changed in any way and remains the same as before the publish. My Desktop version is  2.121.644.0 64-bit (September 2023) . Maybe you can update Desktop to the latest version and test it again!

vyetao1msft_0-1695025107627.png

vyetao1msft_1-1695026680604.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

AQUApro

I'm seeing the exact same issue.  Tried forcing single select in both desktop and Power BI service, and it keeps reverting to multiselect.  Very frustrating!