Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Button - alignment and rounding issues with Sept 21 release

With the new update for buttons, we have two issues with formatting. Both of these are with the rectangle shape, but may apply on others.

1) For text, if there's any word wrapping then the left or right alignment is ignored and it is only centered. Prior to the latest button release this wasn't an issue. After the Sept Desktop release, this is the same behavior in both desktop and the service. 

2) Round Edges doesn't seem to apply any longer. See screenshot with 9px rounding that shows correctly within the desktop app, but not in the service.

shawnmarx_0-1632323560622.png

shawnmarx_3-1632323603208.png

shawnmarx_1-1632323574871.png

shawnmarx_2-1632323598050.png

shawnmarx_4-1632323636891.png

Comments
shawnmarx
Advocate I

@v-robertq-msft 

Thanks for the update on the text wrapping - that will resolve one of the issues. Can we get confirmation about an upcoming fix for the various other button issues that seem specific to embedded reports (issues with rounding, padding, etc)? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , is there any update on the situation ? 

Note as well that often, in Power Bi Desktop, when adjusting the alignement of button text and titles, and of shape text and title, it does not work.

anthonyang
Regular Visitor

Hi, I had set the left margins of Button Text to 50px. This appears fine in both PBI Desktop & Service but when published to web, the left margins disappear. Please see screenshot below. Is this issue related to what has been discussed in this thread? Or is this a separate issue? How to fix it? Thanks. 

Publish-to-web Button Text Margin Issue.jpg

euzebyolyra
Regular Visitor

No updates yet? Please still waiting for news..

shreyas4315
Regular Visitor

I am just not understanding how microsoft is being so unresponsive about this issue. It is terrible for our end users and damages all the aesthetics of our powerbi reports. 

Extremely annoyed with microsoft. 

@v-robertq-msft 

GF-PBI
Regular Visitor

Buttons are still an issue in embedded reports. The shape (pill or rectangle with radius) is not respected and so the buttons show as a rectangles. 

GFPBI_0-1633706023988.png

Adding a border with a radius does give the button its rounded edges but then the text drops to the bottom and changing the text margins has no effect.

I have started changing the buttons to shapes which work well in embedded dashboards but they don't have the hover effect which is not really acceptable! 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

shawnmarx
Advocate I

This seems to have been resolved for me on all counts (both embed and normal service) for text align, padding, and rounding.