Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Bug: Help Tooltip Not Displaying in Power BI Service

I have a Help Tooltip setup on a visual shape and it is working perfectly on desktop version of Power BI, however, when the report is published to online service the tooltip does not appear when hovering over the "?" symbol. I've tried in a new blank report as well and still not showing up. This was previously working great, but is no longer appearing on the online service. Again, on desktop it's working perfect. 

Hi  @TK88 ,

I did a simple test it worked fine in my case, have you tried changing browsers to see if the problem still exists?
Also if you have any other information to add please feel free to let us know.
I have seen feedback from other users with similar experiences to yours and I will keep an eye on this issue and continue to investigate for you.

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1683600940894.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
Drumml
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am having similar issue.  Tooltips not appearing / popping up when hovering in either published or desktop version.  All were working fine a week ago.  Unrefreshed desktop file also works fine with tooltips appearing, but tooltips stop working on refresh.  A bug?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @TK88 ,

I did a simple test it worked fine in my case, have you tried changing browsers to see if the problem still exists?
Also if you have any other information to add please feel free to let us know.
I have seen feedback from other users with similar experiences to yours and I will keep an eye on this issue and continue to investigate for you.

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1683600940894.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Drumml
Frequent Visitor

So, very strangely - this problem is affecting both desktop and published.  (Browser makes no difference)

A week old unpublished pbix shows tooltips fine.  Refreshed updated version? Nope.  The published version is on an auto update, so tooltips also not showing on published doc.  The data source is a google sheet.  Otherwise, viz all working fine.  

Chris65
Frequent Visitor

Hi everyone.

I had the same problem, and the solution appears to be as such : 

Options / Active File / Report parameters / Deactivate modern tooltip

Chris65_0-1683797645775.png

There it goes !
Regards

Christophe

MarcusBD
Regular Visitor

It is definitely a bug (and disableing the "Modern visual tooltips" is a possible work-around) and it started this week. It is quite easy to test:
* create a new report
* add a simple table (Enter Data) with 2 columns: 1 text, 1 numeric
* create a slicer visual and a chart visual
* enable 'Help tooltip' on both visuals and enter some text
* check the tooltips in Report View (they both show up)
* publish the report to the Power BI Service
* check the tooltips: only the one in chart will show!

I haven't checked this behavior on all visuals, but the slicer is having a problem.

TK88

@v-xiaoyan-msft regular tooltips work just fine. My issue is with the specific help tooltip that is enabled in the format section under General, Header Icons and then Help Tooltip. When I have the type as text it works in desktop but doesn't work on published version