Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Boolean true/false values NOT WORKING in Power BI Online Shows BLANK values - works in PBI Desktop

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @v-cacrot ,

In my test, boolean values were displayed correctly in both desktop and service.

1.PNG2.PNG

What is the data source? How did you calculate boolean values? What is your desktop version? If viewing reports with a different web browser, does this problem occur?

Please provide more detailed repro steps so that I can check for you. If possible, please share your .pbix file, remember to mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

jbdatanerd
Regular Visitor

I had this issue too and took me forever to figure it, but Desktop treats true/false values in a column with data type of "Any" differently. I had CALCULATE measure in Desktop that had something like where [Column of Interest] = "TRUE" that gave me the result I was looking for in Desktop, but was blank when I published it to the cloud.  That column has a lot of values besides true/false so I didn't think twice about leaving the column type as Any. To workaround it, I changed the column type to "text" in PowerQuery. It was certainly BEYOND FRUSTRATING to have that treated as two different things across Power BI

Echo0717

Hello,

I also want to confirm here is an issue with True / False in the local desktop view, but once it has been refreshed such data is missing.

I am trying instead of TRUE and FALSE changing to 0 and 1 as a workaround. But this is less intutive for users when they try to understand the filter.

Version: 2.100.1182.0 64-bit

Measure = CALCULATE(DIVIDE( .... , ....), Table_column = FALSE)