Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Azure reference layer disappears when published to Power BI service?

Something has chnaged since yesterday. All was working well yesterday and no changes have been made to the file or data. 

We have an Azure reference layer on our maps as below, outline black 

Idrissshatila_1-1707931627242.png

This has been working fine, we have published to the Power BI service and the map can be used and seen by our end users, new users shown this yesterday and was working as expected. 

Today I have gone to look at this and the reference layer can not be seen on the Power BI service, as below 

Idrissshatila_2-1707931661762.png

I can see the layer is still in the visual under format on the service, I have checked the desktop PBIX file and the layer is there and is visible when looking at it in desktop, but as soon as it is published to the service the layer is no longer visible. 

Anyone know what is happening?

Hi  @Idrissshatila ,

Can you provide detailed version information so we can reproduce the issue? We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue!

A simple sample pbix describing your problem would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
Idrissshatila
Super User

@Cbutler  tagged you so you could get notified when the support team notify us.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @Idrissshatila ,

Can you provide detailed version information so we can reproduce the issue? We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue!

A simple sample pbix describing your problem would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.

Idrissshatila
Super User

@Cbutler  can you provide the details asked by the support team ?

Cbutler
Helper III

@Idrissshatila @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thank you! You can download the PBIX and the GeoJSON reference layer via the link below:
https://powyscc-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/carolanne_butler_powys_gov_uk/ErMGMnbIE-lLuAwVZexta... 

Cbutler
Helper III

@v-xiaoyan-msft were you able to access and download the files? 

Do you need anything else? 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @Cbutler ,

Unfortunately I can't access the sample you provided.

Would it be possible to show your pbix in a different way?

Best regards.

Cbutler
Helper III
SNGAN

I am experiencing an identical issue. The reference layer (.geojson) in the Azure Maps visual shows up in the .pbix desktop but disappears once you publish it to the Power BI portal. Something that has changed over the last week. We had published with no issues early February 2024. 

We are currently using Version: 2.124.2028.0 64-bit (December 2023). 

jackylmao_392

I had the same issue on the Power BI Service.

In the February 2024 update, my reference layer also disappeared on Power BI desktop.

My reference layer was a .geojson file as well.

After renaming the extension of my reference layer from .geojson to .json and importing it back again, the reference layer reappeared.

Try it and see if this resolved the issue for you. 

SNGAN

That worked. Thanks Jacky. I appreciate the timely response.