Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Azure Data Lake Gen2 CDM Folder View not Working

On the most recent (October 2023) version of Power BI Desktop I cannot access an Azure Data Lake Gen2 instance using the CDM Folder View. I have Storage Blob Data Reader role and have never had an issue before doing this but now I am receiving the error below. I can access the instance in File view, but not CDM Folder view. Note that this works on the August 2023 version of Desktop using the same source. It is the October version that seems to be broken.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2023-10-26T14:12:31.7502287Z

Local Time:
2023-10-26T10:12:31.7502287-04:00

Session ID:
e4103d8a-3443-4590-8db1-b40cfd3644b8

Release:
October 2023

Product Version:
2.122.746.0 (23.10) (x64)

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.ExceptionResultException
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.OnException(IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, ExceptionMessage message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessageChannelExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessageChannel channel)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.WaitFor(Func`1 condition, Boolean disposing)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.get_TableSource()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.TracingPreviewValueSource.get_TableSource()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.Analysis.PackageDocumentAnalysisInfo.PackagePartitionAnalysisInfo.SetPreviewValue(EvaluationResult2`1 result, Func`1 getStaleSince, Func`1 getSampled)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.122.746.0","ModuleName":"","Component":"Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost","Error":"Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.ExceptionResultException","MethodDef":"OnException","ErrorOffset":"","ErrorCode":""}

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22621.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.8 or later [Release Number = 533320]

Peak Virtual Memory:
103 GB

Private Memory:
1.02 GB

Peak Working Set:
1.27 GB

IE Version:

User ID:
dedae7a9-9e99-4617-bd2a-e9333b2996be

Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-US, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Import

Model Version:
PowerBI_V3

Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_qnaLiveConnect
PBI_enhancedTooltips
PBI_sparklines
PBI_scorecardVisual
PBI_NlToDax
PBI_fieldParametersSuperSwitch
PBI_angularRls
PBI_setLabelOnExportPdf
PBI_dynamicFormatString
PBI_oneDriveSave
PBI_oneDriveShare
PBI_newCard

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_b2bExternalDatasetSharing
PBI_onObject
PBI_backstageUI
PBI_gitIntegration
PBI_modelExplorer

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Hi @Greg_Deckler ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Greg_Deckler ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

gregorykool
Regular Visitor

Experiencing the same issue on PBI November 2023. Any update ?
Thank you