Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Auto Refresh does not work in Power BI

I have issue in auto refresh option from Power BI web page, the refresh falied with below error meassage for some work space but another one is work fine, and get the below error message. I have the last gateway app version

Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-AFRICA-NORTH-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: 8d283764-a991-4394-a764-82b7c7fe185d

Request ID: 68eb7d44-1420-b7bf-2f09-e31feff8a459

Time: 2023-03-25 10:21:36Z

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check that your gateway service is working properly.

If the Gateway service is failing to start, through file explorer browse the Gateway logging directory: o C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway o Or alternatively, if it’s using a different service account: \AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway

• Check if there is any file(s), with the name ending like: “temp.temp.log” • If so, please ensure you delete all this files ending with “temp.temp.log”

• Start the Gateway Service

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check that your gateway service is working properly.

If the Gateway service is failing to start, through file explorer browse the Gateway logging directory: o C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway o Or alternatively, if it’s using a different service account: \AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway

• Check if there is any file(s), with the name ending like: “temp.temp.log” • If so, please ensure you delete all this files ending with “temp.temp.log”

• Start the Gateway Service

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

i checked the path and did not find any files with extension "temp.temp.log", and issue still exists

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

I'm Still face the issue, even i don't have any file with extension “temp.temp.log”