Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

App Power BI automatic refresh dashboards

Hello! I have connected to db in power bi desktop using python script. Set up dashboards and uploaded it to app.powerbi.
How can I set up automatic data refresh in app.powerbi? I get an error stating that the python.execute command is unknown. Where can I install python for this to work?image.png

@selimovd  @amitchandak @parry2k @Fowmy 

Comments
parry2k
Super User

@Anonymous did you read this Learn which Python packages are supported - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can refer this document: Use Python in Power Query Editor 

• To enable scheduled refresh of your Python dataset, you need to enable Scheduled refresh and have a Personal Gateway installed on the computer that houses the workbook and the Python installation. Refer: Configure scheduled refresh 
  • You'll need to have the pandas library installed in your Python environment for the previous script code to work properly.
  • For the Python scripts to work properly in the Power BI service, all data sources need to be set to public.
  • Nested tables (table of tables) are currently not supported
  • Python script execution on the Power BI Desktop and personal gateway has the same dataframe size and PNG image size limits, but the execution time limit is 300 seconds. Other constraints are not applicable to Power BI Desktop and personal gateway. Please refer to this blog: Python visualizations in Power BI Service 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li