Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

All queries run twice in the database when opening a dashboard.

All queries run twice in the database when opening a dashboard.

This cause double load on the database, which is already struggling to output all of the data.

This is a very severe issue and needs to be resolved.  

Note, when clicking on a database visually, this does not occur, but when writing a query that the dashboard is based on, the query runs twice.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@hannahshachar

Could you please provide some more details about it?

What is your data source in this scenario (Import or DirectQuery)?

What is the exact step about writing a query that the dashboard is based on?

From where you observe the query run twice?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

hannahshachar

Data source : I am connecting to Vertica by ODBC It’s a query The dashboard is based on the query data (power bi desktop) As I am an administrator of the DB, I have a monitor where I watch what queries are running in real time. There I can see that 2 queries occur instad of 1. I want to make it clear that this happens whenever someone is using the dashboards or analyzing data using PowerBI and not just in one or two specific dashboards. Thanks

power BI.png

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@hannahshachar

So you are using the Import mode, right? Do you mean that if one user open the dashboard in Power BI Service, all queries will run twice in the db? Could you please post a screenshot of the monitor which shows the queries run twice? At the same time could you please help collect the fiddler traces when the user open the dasbhoard? And share the .saz file to me through online file service like OneDrive.

Fiddler.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

hannahshachar

We are using Desktop, so I want to make sure that the Fiddler and .saz file are relevant in the case of Desktop?  I attached the monitor that picked up the two simultaneous queries.  That occurred when I opened the dashboard (also attached screenshot of the dashboard).  

double query.PNG

dashboard.PNG

hannahshachar

Strangely, the table that stores logs of queries shows that it actually sent the query 4 times. 

query in queryHist.PNG

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@hannahshachar

Fiddler and .saz file are also needed in the case of Desktop.

Best Regards,
Herbert

ThierryG
Regular Visitor

I'm experiencing similar issue when accessing DENODO by ODBC / by DENODO conector from Power BI desktop. I'm working in import mode. The issue appears after the creation of at least one reference view on a base view (with "enable load" disabled). The objective is to decouple the base view (only used to connect to the data source) to derived views (where I apply the transformations). Taking into consideration this configuration I should not exepect more than one data load.

Actually I have another reference view on the first reference view, thus creating 3 data layers.

Level 3 ("enable load" enabled) references to level 2 ("enable load" disabled) references to level 1 ("enable load" disabled).

Having 3 levels of layers the total number of data loads is still twice.