Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abrar786
Helper I
Helper I

Gateway invalid credential error

Hello,

I am receiving the following error message while performing a refresh in Power BI online (service), but it works fine in the desktop version.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"<ccon>The credentials provided for the MySql source are invalid.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just got it to work! I upgraded the MySQL Connector/NET version from .28 to .32 on the gateway. Restarted the gateway and it refreshed successfully. The current latest release (.33) does not work.

https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/c-net/

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
markfast
Frequent Visitor

I have the exact same issue. The cloud service refreshes stopped working the night of July 2 after months of uptime. We've tried deleting the cloud data and re-publishing, installing a new gateway, tried a new user credentials to the MySQL db, uploaded a basic report with 1 table from the db, and nothing has resolved this. Literally going insane trying to figure out what changed one night.

I just got it to work! I upgraded the MySQL Connector/NET version from .28 to .32 on the gateway. Restarted the gateway and it refreshed successfully. The current latest release (.33) does not work.

https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/c-net/

Hi @markfast ,

Thank you for the update. After upgrading the MySQL Connector/NET version from .28 to .32, it started working.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Abrar786 

From the error it is saying that you have not entered the credentials for your MySql source.

If not done yet, you have to also install and configure a gateway to connect to MySql source.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ ,

Everything was configured correctly. It was working fine until now. Suddenly, this error started occurring in the last two days. If I refresh on desktop, it works fine, but in Power BI online, it throws the above-mentioned error. I have already raised a support ticket with Microsoft.

Thank you.

The only other thing I would suggest is that you have got the latest version of PBI desktop installed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ , 

Yes, i have installed the latest version of power bi.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors