Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Use Slicers values as a parameter to Snowflake Stored Proc in Power BI

Hi Folks,

I recently encountered a scenario where I need to utilize the slicer value as a parameter for a Snowflake stored procedure. Currently, I'm connecting to Snowflake through ODBC, fetching data into Power BI. The requirement is to create a report where passing the company_Code value from the slicer would function as a parameter to the Snowflake stored procedure.

Your assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi  @ddubey1 

I don't really understand your business scenario.
You go to Snowflake via ODBC and then Desktop loads Snowflake's data. Based on this data, then you create slicer. this is a complete data visualization process. But you mentioned to use the value of slicer as a parameter, that's what I can't understand. slicer's value is retrieved from Snowflake, so I can directly refer to this value to create a parameter, why do I need to use slicer?

Perhaps you can provide more information about the business scenario to help me understand your needs.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @ddubey1 

I don't really understand your business scenario.
You go to Snowflake via ODBC and then Desktop loads Snowflake's data. Based on this data, then you create slicer. this is a complete data visualization process. But you mentioned to use the value of slicer as a parameter, that's what I can't understand. slicer's value is retrieved from Snowflake, so I can directly refer to this value to create a parameter, why do I need to use slicer?

Perhaps you can provide more information about the business scenario to help me understand your needs.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao