Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to add a favorite report/dashboard from an App

My organisation has recently moved onto Power BI Premium and we are publishing our reports under a number of Apps where our "Free" users can consume our content (without the requriement of having a Power BI Pro license).  Users are unable to add individual reports to their favourites.  They can only add the App as a Favourite.  It is possible to add a report as a favourite from within a workspace (as there is a Favorite star to click) however our "Free" users don't have access to our workspaces and they also don't see this Favourite Star when they view the reports under Apps. 

Is this a bug?

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @G_R ,

As of now, we can only add a dashboard, report or App as favorite. Reports inside App are not supported. Reference: Favorite dashboards, reports, and apps in Power BI service.

For your requirement, you could submit ideas here.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

ErwinS
Advocate I

For all of you who wants to make your report favorite in a app.

It is possible using a bug, glitch or hidden feature in power bi.

This are the steps.

1. Open report within app
2. Change one or more filters and/or select one of your visuals
3. Go out of app with 'Go back' left bottom corner.
4. Go to 'My workspace', here the report you just left will be shown (if not hit refresh browser) and make sure top menu is set to all or content.
5. Now hoover over report name and hit favorite (star)
6. Look in your favorite folder and surpise you have a favorite report

And now the fun part, when opening the report it will open outside of the app.

Good luck