Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to Open Power BI reports which were opening before new Format pane change

Hello Team,

I am from Observability (Geneva) team and we use PBI reports for our internal reporting purpose. It was working fine before till last week in PBI Desktop but now its failing with error.

Link to report: https://msit.powerbi.com/groups/155d522b-f22c-46a8-a05e-97185c6dc700/reports/52a6e8e0-aa87-4817-a09f... 

Error: 

RavikiranS_1-1643627440997.png

Comments
RavikiranS
Employee
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @RavikiranS 

Do you mean that you couldn’t open this specific report when you disable New Format Pane? May I know whether your report is created with New Format Pane enable and use it to do something format settings?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

RavikiranS
Employee

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

You might be viewing it from service. I too can open it from PBI Service. But I can't open the same exact PBI report which was opening before now in PBI Desktop. I didn't disable/enable any new features specially in Power BI Desktop recently. The only change I observed is the change in UI (PBI Desktop) and I am hitting with the above error to open the complete report (not a specific visual).

Could you please escalate this to Engineering team and I can talk with them and show the repro. Thanks!