Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Something went wrong. The given key was not present in the dictionary

Hi,

When I try to apply changes in Power BI I get the following error - Something went wrong. The given key was not present in the dictionary. This prevents the changes being applied. The error is even showing for queries I hadn't changed. One suggestion after googling the error was to update Power BI to the latest version but I am on the latest version - Version: 2.127.1327.0 64-bit (March 2024)

The error details are too many characters to paste.

Help!

Mark 

Spoiler

Hi @mafin ,

We've seen this problem occur when you try to apply changes. please make sure that the data types of your columns are correctly set. If you have recently renamed a table in your data model, try changing the name of the table again. Once the changes are saved, you can rename it back to the original name.

You may also try to build a new report using the same data source. If you can connect to the data source in your new report, you might need to delete and re-add the permission in Data Source Setting to reconnect to your data source.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @mafin ,

We've seen this problem occur when you try to apply changes. please make sure that the data types of your columns are correctly set. If you have recently renamed a table in your data model, try changing the name of the table again. Once the changes are saved, you can rename it back to the original name.

You may also try to build a new report using the same data source. If you can connect to the data source in your new report, you might need to delete and re-add the permission in Data Source Setting to reconnect to your data source.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn