Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scroll position is not at the top of the page once switching page

My first page has a lot of visuals and the user should scroll down to see them.

When the user clicks a visual and goes to another page scroll position is the same not at the top of the page.
My pages are in actual size with scroll. It is a very basic thing but I couldn't solve it.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Hi @Atinc 

I do not quite understand what you said "When the user clicks a visual and goes to another page scroll position is the same not at the top of the page" . Can you explain it in detail ? Perhaps you can describe your problem in the form of a screenshot or video .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Atinc 

I do not quite understand what you said "When the user clicks a visual and goes to another page scroll position is the same not at the top of the page" . Can you explain it in detail ? Perhaps you can describe your problem in the form of a screenshot or video .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Atinc
Frequent Visitor

Hey @v-yetao1-msft 

I have 2 pages. On my pages, I have a lot of visuals. It means there is a vertical scroll to see all elements. On the first page, to see the last visual I scroll down. On the last visual I have a button that navigates to the second page. If I click on the last visual I go to the second page but the problem is I am not on the top of the second page. Now I am in the same scroll position.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ruben_HA
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem, when you scroll on a page to the bottom where a button is located, when you click it (the button can take you to a new page or a bookmark of the new page) and keep scrolling on the new page , that is, if from the main page you click on a destination page in the scroll in the footer of the main page, it takes you to the footer of the destination page, ideally it takes you to the top of the destination page, the above is very annoying.

wingsted_nc

Any solutions to this? 
I am currently facing same issue.

ItsikElia

Hi ,  

Is there any solution ?

I have the same issue with react embedded BI reports.

I have one page with a lot of visuals and when I scroll down the page and then move to another page (shorter) , 

I'm not moving to the top of the page

Dsalzer

Hello @v-yetao1-msft,
We implemented powerBI in our customer-facing product. We experience the same issue that @Atinc described above - when navigating between pages with different content lengths (i.e., a different amount of scroll), in some cases, the scroll for the second page doesn't allow scrolling to the bottom of the page, and the user can't see all the content. Additionally, the second page is loaded when its scroll position is according to the scroll position on the previous page. So, in many cases, when the second page is loaded, the user doesn't see the top of that page but is rather thrown somewhere in the middle of that page, completely disoriented. At this point, only refreshing the window fixes the scrolling issue, but this is not an action we can expect our users to do. This issue harms our application's user experience and, as a result, its adoption by our customers. 
Please provide an estimate for a fix for this issue or direct me to documentation that provides instructions on how to fix this on our side.

Best,

Daphna

LindaRingnalda

Hi v-yetao1-msft,

Any solution to this? We would like to use this for an urgent client project. This is very inconvenient. Thank you! 

Kind regards, 

Linda