Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report Subscriptions intermittently contain blank screenshots with "This content isn't available" er

I have encountered an issue with two different clients (i.e. two completely different Power BI tenants and completely different reports / semantic models) whereby Power BI report subscription emails intermittently contain the below error message rather than an actual report preview image.

Adescrit_0-1707308962158.png

From day-to-day the subscriptions that contain the error version are completely at random - e.g. one day the 9am subscription will contain an actual report preview screenshot, the next day it will contain the "This content isn't available" error, and the day after that it will work as expected once more.

The report always renders with no issues when I access the report in Power BI service.

We have multiple subscriptions being sent out concurrently for the same report, but from different report pages. Some of the subscriptions are sent out successfully, others with the error message. Again it is completely at random which subscription is succesfful or not.

I did raise the issue in the community and someone commented to say they had experienced the same. Here is the link to that post:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/This-content-isn-t-available-Report-Preview-in-Sub...

Hi all,

Fix has been deployed. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
AdamCAssured

I have seen the same issue with a client (multiple users) exporting a report to PowerPoint (embed as an image).

The first few times the report is downloaded in a day, some if not all of the pages will show this same blank white screen stating that "This content isn't available." After a few attempts of exporting, all pages will render as expected.

I have been unable to re-create the issue personally, but all clients trying to export the report from their own tennant are having this issue.

Lozzahoff
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

It's been discussed in lots of places now. The Power Automate thread below and the Power BI one it then points to seems to imply that a fix has been applied so I guess if you are still getting the issue you should mention it there so they can continue to look.

Export Issue 

Thanks,

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Adescrit ,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi all,

Fix has been deployed. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Adescrit
Impactful Individual

@v-xiaoyan-msft  Thank you!