Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Public embeded url not working in sharepoint anymore

We have been using the publish to web along with the sharepoint page viewer or content editor(iframe). This has been working for over a year. Suddenly the reports no longer render in sharepoint just a grey powerbi iframe is displayed. Clicking the fullscreen option in the power bi banner at the bottom of the iframe opens another window and renders the report. However the report will not render anymore in the webpart itself. I know there is a licensed sharepoint webpart for power bi, but this is a public url accessable to free users and I didnt think it would be impacted by the changes coming in June.  Is anyone aware of an issue or solution. Currently we had to replace the content with images instead. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Comments
fitcja
Helper I
maccardo - That's what we're all wondering. Are there any updates to this?
nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

Seems on another thread that there was a couple responses. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Embedded-Reports-not-working-in-IE11/td-p/188043/page/2

Check it out if you want more information. 

Seems like they might bail on this in favor of pushing Share point users to the Power BI Web part(Licensed). This would suck because while I understand it there are so many cases that which you want to extend data to larger user bases but cannot cost justify the licensing required for Sharepoint Power BI webpart. I can present a once a day static report with very little heavy lifting on our end and using a standard interface. This used to be allowed. Now it might be in limbo Specifically for Sharepoint sites. Other sites you are probably fine anyways. 

One hopeful comment at the end was that MS will be applying a fix on July 4th. So maybe check back then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a support ticket in with Microsoft and was also told that a fix would be applied on July 4th, so keep your fingers crossed!!!

nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately no change as far as I can tell. Anyone else still having this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I followed up on my support ticket and apparently "A" fix was applied on July 4 but still didn't fix it, so we wait....

fitcja
Helper I
Looks like the fixes are rolled out. My reports started working again about 9:00 am this morning.
nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

Its now working for us as well. Thank you everyone for keeping this thread alive. 

Fixed

MarcelBal
Regular Visitor

Although embedded reports now render in SharePoint, we still see that some functionality is limited due to the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10" /> tag that is automatically inserted into the page header.

1. Some visual filters are not working e.g. clicking on a name does not filter a graph.
  2. scroll bars only work by clicking on the arrows at the top or bottom of the scroll bar.

These issues go away when we change the compatability to IE11, using the F12 debugger.

Other than this: https://paultavares.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/how-to-render-a-sharepoint-page-in-ie-using-edge-mode-w... is there another way to correctly render these pages?

MarcelBal
Regular Visitor

The following C# code resolved the filtering and scrollbar issue in our web part:

protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
        {
            base.OnLoad(e);
            HttpRequest request = HttpContext.Current.Request;

System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities browser = request.Browser;

// allow filters to work in IE 11, by overriding 
// the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10" /> tag to IE11
// (SharePoint sets this tag to IE=10 in an IE 11 browser) if (browser.Browser == "IE" && browser.MajorVersion == 7) { HtmlMeta browserEngineToUse = new HtmlMeta(); browserEngineToUse.HttpEquiv = "X-UA-Compatible"; browserEngineToUse.Content = "IE=11"; Page.Header.Controls.AddAt(0, browserEngineToUse); } }