Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Embedded with DirectLake Dataset Error

I am currently trying to implement a DirectLake semantic model with Power BI embedded (Embed for your customers) inside a C# ASP.NET Core web application. When I try to generate a token using the GenerateTokenAsync(workspaceId, reportId, tokenReuest) method, I get a BadRequest error with the message "Embedding a DirectLake dataset is not supported with V1 embed token".

Is there another option to use DirectLake as my semantic model in this case or am I needing to use DirectQuery? Any timeline when this will be available?

Hi @dmathewg ,

As you can see in the error message, it is not currently supported.
Direct Lake suits near-real-time scenarios similar to Import mode, but it does not handle real-time scenarios like DirectQuery.

As for titimeline when this will be available,the answer is no,You can stay tuned for more official announcements from Microsoft, thanks in advance!

Direct Lake vs. Import mode in Power BI - SQLBI

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @dmathewg ,

As you can see in the error message, it is not currently supported.
Direct Lake suits near-real-time scenarios similar to Import mode, but it does not handle real-time scenarios like DirectQuery.

As for titimeline when this will be available,the answer is no,You can stay tuned for more official announcements from Microsoft, thanks in advance!

Direct Lake vs. Import mode in Power BI - SQLBI

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn