Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pop up windows are blank

Starting from this second half of March, we noticed that pop up windows appear grey or blank on the screen, at least at the second time of trying any feature that relies on pop up windows. Power BI Version: 2.103.661.0 64-bit (March 2022)

In this example I wanted to edit the field for the constant line on a visualization. No problem for the first one, but for the 2nd one the pop up is grey. Pressing ESC closes the window and I can keep working on the report but without access to any feature that relies on pop up windows.

2022-03-25_10h40_03.png

The only way to fix this is to close and reopen the pbix file, which is super annoying obviously.

Unticked Power BI Desktop infrastructure update Preview option, then restart Power BI Desktop may solve this issue.

Thanks for the sharing.

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

I wasn't able to reproduce your issue, does this problem only occur on reports created after updating to a new version? Do similar problems occur with previous reports or other reports?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft, the error is the same for all the pbix files including older ones. My version is updated automatically via Microsoft Store every month.

This is what happens when pressing on quick measure icon the 2nd time:

pop up window doesn't load correctlypop up window doesn't load correctly

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

I tested with the following two versions of Power BI Desktop, but both failed to reproduce your problem.

Version: 2.102.845.0 64-bit (February 2022)

Version: 2.103.661.0 64-bit (March 2022)

Please clear the cache of Power BI Desktop and try again.

In Power BI you will find the option under File > Options and settings > Options > Data Load > Data Cache Management Options > Clear Cache.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue since yesterday (before installing the march update) on the 64 bit Version. After de- and reinstalling the 64bit & also the 32bit Version the issue remains.

However...I can get around it by grapping the window and waving it around a bit. No restart needed.

Some additional Info: I've also emptied the cache with no results and I'm working on Win10 with all available Updates installed.

jasonb917
Regular Visitor

I am also getting this issue.  I noticed it this week.  

I have the March 2022 release of PBI on 64 bit Win10.

This happens to all pop-ups including Conditional Formatting, Data source settings etc...  Very inconvenient to have to restart my session every time I need to make a minor change.  I have Cleared the Data Cache per instructions with no improvement.

AndreAbbema
Frequent Visitor

Same issue over here, reinstallation, clearing cache making no difference.
Waving the window around doesn't work in my situation.

Using version 2.103.881.0 64-bit (March 2022) on Windows 10

jasonb917
Regular Visitor

I have unticked Power BI Desktop infrastructure update Preview option and this seems to have sorted it.

Seems related to a patch to Edge that was released 26 March this shares the same version number as WebView2.

Release notes for Microsoft Edge Security Updates | Microsoft Docs

I will try this Preview feature again when the next Edge version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @v-xiaoyan-msft, thanks for investigating.

I cleared my cache and it didn't work, but as @jasonb917 mentioned I unticked Power BI Desktop infrastructure update Preview option, restarted the app, and it worked!

Thank you all!

Freddone

Hello, @v-caitlyn-mstf,

same problem with "Delete Relationship" pop up: second time it doesn't work.

Version: 2.103.661.0 64-bit (March 2022) and 2.103.881.0 64-bit (March 2022) on Windows 10 

Solved unticking Power BI Desktop infrastructure update Preview option.

Thanks @jasonb917

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Unticked Power BI Desktop infrastructure update Preview option, then restart Power BI Desktop may solve this issue.

Thanks for the sharing.