Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Parquet connector broken after february 2023 update

After updating to February 2023 update in Power BI Desktop the parquet connector gives an error. No error so far in the Service. Connector still works when downgrading back to November 2022.

MichielPL_0-1676900864508.png

Parquet Connector broken after February 2023 update 

Hi @MichielPL 

Did the error report appear when you clicked parquet connector, or did it appear after you entered the URL and OK'd it?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @MichielPL 

Did the error report appear when you clicked parquet connector, or did it appear after you entered the URL and OK'd it?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

MichielPL
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

The error appeared after I entered the URL & OK'd it, it also appears when I 'Transform & Close' the Transform editor, or try to reload the data without making any changes to how it used to reload the data.

intruder
Frequent Visitor

I'd reported the problem here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Problem-with-Parquet-files-Unexpected-error-Unable-to-load-D... as well. 

I was able to find out the solution. You just need to re-download the file with an update and re-install it. For some reason, the PBI file that I've downloaded on Feb 16th, didn't include ParquetSharpNative.dll file. I download the installation file today, and it solved the problem.